bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] MP3 redhat 9.0

From: Kaveh
Subject: [linuxiran] MP3 redhat 9.0
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 10:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Because mp3 is not a free encoding redhat droped its
support in version 8.0. So you need go to this
address:

http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/
or
http://xmms.org/

and get xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-21.i386.rpm file and click
on it and install it, please tell me if you need help
in rpm package installation in linux,

As a distibution Redhat has its users in server users
and some professional area ( if my dear friend don't
mind ;) ). so it has implied this drop of support with
no fear and now users will use redhat distribution
anyway,

Let me know if there was any problem,

and at last
please joint us in bna-linuxiran mailing list ( from
linuxiran.org in mailing-list part) you can ask any
question about gnu/linux there,

Kaveh