bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: [Kde-i18n-fa] Debian CDs

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: [Kde-i18n-fa] Debian CDs
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 21:52:36 +0000

Hi
I tried to install my brand new Debian today on my newly bought laptop Compaq 2100 but I couldn't get X to work even though my ATI graphic card was in the list.
It didn't go at all when I tried with RH9, problem to recognize my keyboard.
It just hung!
then I tried with Gentoo and soon come to realize that my Intel celeron 1800 MHz
doesn't count as i686 but as i586 and I had downloaded i686. yep!
As I don't give up easily, I picked up Mandrake9.1 and everything goes like a dream.

That is a proof that every distro has their up and downsides. Mandrake has gone
towards desktops and RH to where...?

Have a good one

Abbas

Well, I got my Debian from Arash Z, and (I guess) got his from a german
linux retailer. I think the 8 CD contains contrib (a.k.a non-free)
packages (java and open office for example). It is not that important
though, as you can get all these applications with apt easily, after
installing debian.

PS: If you want to reply, please do so only to bna-linuxiran ML

Cheers
--
/* The best part about banging your
head against a wall is when you stop.