bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re:Open Office 1.1 speaks ***Farsi***, YES

From: Rapheal Kaplan
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re:Open Office 1.1 speaks ***Farsi***, YES
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

  First, I have found that KDE has better support for
Farsi as far as I can tell, even under Redhat.

  Under KDE, the trick is you need to activate the
Farsi keyboard mapping (ir) in the
Peripherals/Keyboard control panel in the KDE control
center.  Then go to the Options tab and select a
"Group Shift/Lock Behavior" (I use the menu key).
This will set a key to act as a toggle between latin
and farsi.

  Redhat has poor font support, and I never got them
to install correctly until I went to:

  http://corefonts.sourceforge.net