Re: [Axiom-mail] Input and output from AXIOM using OpenMath

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Input and output from AXIOM using OpenMath
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:09:46 +0000

Although David and Tim are correct that you cannot use Axiom as an
OpenMath server (the functionality provided by the OMC library) you can
convert objects of Expression, Integer etc to OpenMath as follows:
(1) -> OMwrite sin(x)

   (1)
  "<OMOBJ>
  <OMA>
    <OMS cd="transc1" name="sin"/>
    <OMV name="x"/>
  </OMA>
</OMOBJ>
"
                                                     Type: String

The result is a string as you can see.  Coverage is limited
unfortunately.

Mike.