alsa-xmms-user

Re: [Alsa-xmms-user] dmix plugin / will it work one day?

From: Matthieu Sozeau
Subject: Re: [Alsa-xmms-user] dmix plugin / will it work one day?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:12:13 +0200

On Saturday 14 June 2003 09:05, I wrote:
> > This seems like very bizarre behaviour to me, so I've sent this code
> > to the alsa-user mailing list to see if I'm doing anything wrong.
> > I've included the source below.  Perhaps you can also try it.
>
> I tried on my machine and it never hangs, it does on my brother's box.
> I'll look at that more deeply today... when he'll stop watching TV :)

He stopped watching TV :)
His card has the same behavior (hangs on stop), but i've found something
interesting: when you switch songs (it closes and reopens the device each
time), it works most of the time. Can you try that ?

Also I wonder if it's not related to the use of the rate plugin (which
converts to 48000Hz for the card). Have you tested any 48000Hz file ?
--
Salut ca fart' - Brice de Nice

                        address@hidden