alsa-xmms-user

Re: [Alsa-xmms-user] Runtime problems and 24 bit question

From: Aaron M. Ucko
Subject: Re: [Alsa-xmms-user] Runtime problems and 24 bit question
Date: 17 May 2002 09:25:02 -0400

Mattam <address@hidden> writes:

> Probably a permission missing on /dev/sound/?. BTW, did you ran the
> snd-devices script inside alsa-driver/ (source)? You must do it if
> you don't use devfs. Also if you use devfs, simply check the
> permissions.

Debian has ALSA packages which take care of this stuff; with them
installed, you merely need to add yourself to group audio.

Incidentally, I'm probably going to package alsa-xmms for Debian if
it stabilizes but does not get incorporated into the official XMMS
sources; is that okay with you?

Finger address@hidden (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.