alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] Runtime problems and 24 bit question

From: Thomas Eriksson
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] Runtime problems and 24 bit question
Date: 17 May 2002 21:19:05 +0200

As a newbie debian user (and oldtime slackware user) I recently
discovered that the alsa-xmms plugin did compile well -

thou made xmms spit out this message in the console
(%gnu is my prompt)

%gnu xmms
xmms: simple.c:1065: snd_mixer_selem_get_id: Assertion `elem && id'
failed.
Aborted
%gnu

and then die...

I'm running debian-testing with xmms 1.2.7 and gtk-1.2.10, i tried both
cvs version and the 0.9 version.

for my second question I'm wondering if alsa-xmms is able to do 24 bit
pcm output (when eg. using the xmms-mad plugin) or is there a limitation
to 16 bit in the design of xmms? just curious

/thomas