aleader-dev

Re: [Aleader-dev] Re: cd recorders

From: David Crossley
Subject: Re: [Aleader-dev] Re: cd recorders
Date: 26 Jul 2003 13:21:04 +1000

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
<snip/>

> + The cheap ones attach with an IDE cable (as opposed to the more
> costly SCSI interface).  IDE CD drivers talk the ATAPI protocol.
>
> + Linux support for the USB interface is not very mature yet.
> Don't buy a USB writer.

I have had great success with an external CD-writer and USB.
I am on a recent Red Hat Linux and use the "Gtoaster" program
which is an interface to 'cdrecord'. My device is a BENQ
"Portable CD ReWriter".

I have not yet tried to burn the Aleader ISO image. How do i tell
if my video card will be suitable? Is there a quick way? Should i
just "try and see"?

--David