adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] What to do with artwork "sources"?

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] What to do with artwork "sources"?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:38:43 +0100

2009/1/21 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:
> However, with Ingo making all these portraits, I have about 15M of the
> original, hi-res portraits lying around.

All are available at (and when you check that out you know why narrow
cloning really would be nice to have, see other mail):

git clone http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/vegastrike.git/

> Seeing how much space is used up by the portraits alone, I don't
> really want to keep them in CVS. On berlios.de, where the Wiki is
> hosted, we're also pretty much near our maximum quota.

Does Berlios have a quota? I have been pretty abusive with my other
projects and so far not run into trouble.

Anyway, one of the problems with Berlios is that its not exactly the
best maintained service, their SVN version for example is completey
out of date, which makes backing up the SVN repo a little tricky.

So there might be better services around to start a new SVN repo,
code.google looks decent enough, featuring a 1GB quota at the moment,
not sure if they have any problem with pure media projects.

Blog:     http://grumbel.blogspot.com/
JabberID: xmpp:address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927