adonthell-artwork

[Adonthell-artwork] What to do with artwork "sources"?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-artwork] What to do with artwork "sources"?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:03:25 +0100

Since there hasn't been a lot of artwork yet, I didn't really give
much thought to that question.

However, with Ingo making all these portraits, I have about 15M of the
original, hi-res portraits lying around. Cropped and scaled down
versions have been added to our Wiki and the gfx module in CVS. But
I'd also like to have the actual files somewhere, where they are
fairly easy to get.

Seeing how much space is used up by the portraits alone, I don't
really want to keep them in CVS. On berlios.de, where the Wiki is
hosted, we're also pretty much near our maximum quota. There might be
more space on linuxgames.com, but there the files would probably have
to end up in some directory where they are no longer easily
retrievable.

Are there any alternatives? Or would the best bet be to stick them
into the repository (possibly in a separate module with the same
structure as the "processed" graphics)?

Kai