wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] exit crash

From: repeater
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] exit crash
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:04:56 +0200

right, first things first. currently, before any more effort is invested we
should focus on the thing that may pose the greatest challenge: fixing the
crash at exit.

as i mused before, it is most probably a GC error. now python uses reference
counting system, so unfortunately we cannot emulate wxpython in this regard
since we are living in mark and sweep world.

a possibility at how to attempt a solution, is to see if we can learn
anything from how fxruby tries to remedy this (see mainly markfuncs.cpp in
fxruby source). i am not certain if this applies 1:1 to our scenario, but
the more i look at it the more it seems like an answer.

related info:
http://www.fxruby.org/doc/apes02.html

regards
Peter