wxruby-dev

RE: [Wxruby-dev] RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE presentation accepted at OSCON.

From: repeater
Subject: RE: [Wxruby-dev] RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE presentation accepted at OSCON.
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:10:42 +0200

curt wrote:

> Here's a decision I have been hinting at, but I think I will make it
> official -- I'm going to (continue to) drop out of wxRuby development so
> that I can devote my energies to FreeRIDE (at least between now
> and OSCON).
> There are a number of high priority things that I want to get
> into FreeRIDE
> by that time.
>
> To Bob Calco: there was no response from Peter about picking up
> the ball for
> moving forward with the SWIG version of wxRuby, so feel free to pursue you
> original plan with Cable.

hi Curt, great news about your IDE, congrats !

hmm it seems i've missed my cue in responding, i hope you took no offense.
you see, i was inspired by your message, took it as thumbs up go ahead and
continued working until i have something worth talking about :-) i'll post a
little issue now that have puzzled me a bit.

so if you are in doubt of my status:
i am going to continue to work on wxRuby and incrementally port the python
demos. my hope is that we will be capable of getting a co-operative
structure going here on this list. alone, my knowledge may not be
sufficient, and it would be great if we can start throwing questions and
issues at one another.

about Cable:
i still think that Cable wouldn't deliver us a working wxRuby any quicker.
currently the problems we face seems to be the efficient integration of
wxwindows into the ruby world, and i am not sure Cable would resolve that.
the interface files are written, a done deal.

please reconsider dropping out completely would you ? although what we
really need is people that commit themselves into learning the internals (as
is my intention), just giving it your attention now and then would be
appreciated.

if i can ask a favour, could you at least stay and help to troubleshoot the
crash as the app exits ? i suspect it is caused by the garbage collector
(will start a new topic about it soon)

regards
Peter