wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] wxruby compiled

From: repeater
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] wxruby compiled
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:36:57 +0200

greetings

i've finally managed to get the cvs sources going (a feat for me, a VC++
novice)
and i'm impressed by the example, the little closing error aside.

but as i am trying to port another example app, i get the impression that
there is still some way to go.
so i'd like to contribute a bit, if my skills don't prove to be too
primitive

a quick question session:

1. to what extent was the wxpy source modified/reduced? why is some stuff
missing, and what are the underlying problems about them.

a quick example:
the constant WxWhite is missing. searching wxpy sources, it seems it is
defined in gdi.i
adding the apparent necessary code to wxrb gdi.i didn't help much, which
just proves i don't know much about advanced swig and magic!

2. will it be necessary to modify the swig *.i files themselves, or rather
just the supporting infra

3. how are named parameters handled currently ?

that is it for now, i really hope we can get this project rolling.

regards
Peter "looking through the windows, i don't want to see foxes"