wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Add Plugin Framework information to the Wiki / Docs (#467)

From: jeffrey marius (@getjff)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Add Plugin Framework information to the Wiki / Docs (#467)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:14:37 +0000

jeffrey marius commented:

Taking the already existing GNULIB submodule in our wget2 as example, the
bootstrap script to fetch gnulib has the following options: provide the gnulib
src dir from local path (or) pull from external GIT repo. So, if Gitlab is down
then if we run ./bootstrap to fetch wiki it would fail.

For example I ran bootstrap with no parameters for gnulib and it failed(I
switched-off my Network to simulate)
jeff@tux:~/test$ ./bootstrap
./bootstrap: Bootstrapping from checked-out wget2 sources...
./bootstrap: consider installing git-merge-changelog from gnulib
./bootstrap: getting gnulib files...
./bootstrap: getting translations into po/.reference for wget2...
wget: unable to resolve host address 'translationproject.org'

So,our worst fear is materialized in this case.

Also in the merge requests (!493 & !494), I have not done the bootstrap changes
I need to do them.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/467#note_636510587