wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Add Plugin Framework information to the Wiki / Docs (#467)

From: @rockdaboot
Subject: Re: wget2 | Add Plugin Framework information to the Wiki / Docs (#467)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 08:13:50 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

I just set your project status to "reporter" which allows editing the wiki. As
soon as the FSF paperwork is done, you will get developer access. See
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html for details about
permissions/roles.

>  So, then even if we have the wiki as submodule it would be useless ...

Depends on what the goal is. What I had in mind is that at least some
developers regularly do a ./bootstrap and this updates the submodules. So in
case of a Gitlab being down suddenly, we still have the content. Even if the
submodule points to an old commit (= that commit is checked out), all newer
commits are in the sub-repo (e.g. you can cd into the wiki directory and just
`git checkout master` and have the latest version). I could be wrong with my
assumptions about how ./bootstrap and git submodules work (Am i wrong ?).

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/467#note_635124190