wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WGET_GPG_* errors don't belong in libwget/error.c

From: Archit Pandey
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | WGET_GPG_* errors don't belong in libwget/error.c (#474)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 12:53:52 +0000

Archit Pandey commented:

Thanks for pointing that out!

I did a bit more digging through files in `src/`. I found that, there is no
code in `src/` that calls `wget_strerror` with these error codes.

The functions that use these error codes as return values are:
* `verify_detached_sig`
* `verify_detached_str`
* `wget_verify_pgp_sig_buff`
* `wget_verify_pgp_sig_str`
* `wget_verify_job`

However, these return values are not tested to print out an error message.

Hence, I feel two possible approaches can resolve this issue:
1. These lines can be removed from `libwget/error.c` without the need to move
them.
2. A new function to return error messages for these codes can be implemented,
but as of now there will be no code that will call it.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/474#note_230648173