wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | HTTP/2 Performance (#386)

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | HTTP/2 Performance (#386)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:44:34 +0000

I made some changes in the http2 code to get the maximum out (CPU intensive
polling) and still can't increase the download speed. That means there must be
some other API calls that we should use. I took my approach from nghttp2's
example client a long time ago, maybe they changed something.

I guess the right approach would be to be in our 'normal' receive loop and feed
the API with what we receive. nghttp2 then should just callback for FRAMEs and
when in need to send data. This would be the 'intuitive' approach with us
controlling all the network details.

@darnir Could you dig into nghttp2's API and see what is possible ?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/386#note_81579350