viewmail-info

Re: [VM] 'This email requires HTML support' from outlook.office365.com

From: John Stoffel
Subject: Re: [VM] 'This email requires HTML support' from outlook.office365.com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 09:37:23 -0400

> A fairly small number of my email messages turn up like this in my
> vm buffer. Lots of others with html attachments come through fine
> and the mail itself displays fine on other devices. I presume I need
> to convince outlook I really can handle such a message. If that's
> right, does anyone know how to do it? Or does someone know of
> another cause for the problem?  cheers Peter

Can you maybe post a copy of one of these emails?  I wonder if the
message try to run some javascript to check for whether you're
in a browser or not, so that it can give the "best" experience
possible to view the message?

I would try to save the message, then look at it with an editor to see
what the various sections of the message have for content.

Can't really help without seeing an example though.

Are these mostly from marketing companies?  Or personal emails from
friends?  That might be a good data point.

John