viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Request for howto select email easily

From: John Stoffel
Subject: Re: [VM] Request for howto select email easily
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:32:47 -0400

Uday> John Stoffel writes:

>> Thanks for the pointers Uday, this is a good start.  Now how would I
>> bind this all to a single key-stroke on my VM instance?  I assume I
>> would need to defun a new function to step through and do all the
>> steps you list below, since I really don't want to have to do this all
>> by hand each time.  And I'd love to be easily able to add/delete email
>> addresses from the list of email addresses to watch for.

Uday> Better do it manually first.

Tried to... didn't get so far.  I need to learn how to put a hook in
place to select all new messages, delete them, then go back and find
the ones I want to keep and un-delete them.

Uday> Then you might considering defining a defun or a keyboard-macro.
Uday> My memory is that keyboard-macros can't deal with M N
Uday> (next-command-uses-marks), but I can't be sure.

Hmmm... this will complicate things.  Can I save Virtual Folder
definitions?  Can I edit them over time?  Can I change multiple
selections into one virtual folder?

It may be that using procmail to filter for me would be easier,
again because my elisp skills are non-existant.  I know what I want, I
just can't begin to even think how to write it.

John