viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Request for howto select email easily

From: John Stoffel
Subject: Re: [VM] Request for howto select email easily
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:08:48 -0400

Thanks for the pointers Uday, this is a good start.  Now how would I
bind this all to a single key-stroke on my VM instance?  I assume I
would need to defun a new function to step through and do all the
steps you list below, since I really don't want to have to do this all
by hand each time.  And I'd love to be easily able to add/delete email
addresses from the list of email addresses to watch for.

Uday> Interesting application!  Here are the basic ideas.
>> The basic idea would be:
>>
>> 1. Delete all new emails.

Uday> You would need to set vm-arrived-message-hook or vm-arrived-messages-hook
Uday> delete the new mail.

>> 2. Mark all emails from any of the email addresses listed in ????

>> 3. Mark all threads those emails from 2 are in.  Or mark all emails
>> with the same subject as those found in 2.

Uday> You would need to define a virtual folder for the kind of messages you
want
Uday> to read.  See in particular, the `thread' virtual-selector operator.

Uday> vm-mark-messages-by-virtual-folder should allow you to mark these
messages.

>> 4. Un-delete all those emails.

Uday> M N u does it.

>> 5. Clear the marks.

Uday> M u does it.

Uday> (All this applies to VM 8.2.0b.  Can't say if it works in older versions.)

Uday> Cheers,
Uday> Uday