viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Using VM for 19 years, still can't solve "iconv: (stdin):21:31:

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Using VM for 19 years, still can't solve "iconv: (stdin):21:31: cannot convert"
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:00:32 +0000

John Stoffel writes:

> I take exception to this personally.  I try to be active but since I
> have zero elisp skills (and honestly don't want to relearn lisp again
> if I can help it), I can't contribute code to the project.

I don't mean to suggest that those of you that participate in the
viewmail-info mailing list are "passive".  But there are somewhere around
600-1000 downloads of VM on the Launchpad web site.  The vast majority of
these users are "passive".  Either VM is working perfectly fine for them, or
they are not interested in resolving whatever problems they face.

> I do try to evangelize.  But hey, maybe I need to put my money where
> my mouth is and learn elisp enough so I can submit patches to the
> code.

I know that elisp skills will be quite limited in the community.  But,
perhaps, somebody can volunteer to create a release from the current trunk
and field the issues that might arise?

Cheers,
Uay