viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Exchange 2010 IMAP4 & storing "filed"

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Exchange 2010 IMAP4 & storing "filed"
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:05:00 +0100

Kyle Farrell writes:

> Attempting to store any flag the server doesn't recognize is causing
> none of the flags to be stored.  I would guess the right thing for VM
> to do would be only attempt to store flags that are explicitly
> recognized by the server.

I don't think you meant that.  The "right thing" for VM to do is to follow
the standard.

You, or somebody on your behalf, is paying money to Microsoft to deliver
quality software.  It is their job to ask Microsoft to do the "right thing".
So far, I don't see any evidence that this has been done.

I will find some work around so that you don't have to put up with too much
pain.  But I don't regard it as my job to change VM to work with bad
servers.

Cheers,
Uday