viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Email dangers portrayed in media

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: [VM] Email dangers portrayed in media
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:00:56 +0000

> Gmail's lacks what seems to be the most basic e-mail: you can't
> get e-mail message out of it uncorrupted:
>
>    - There is no way to forward a message as an attachment. So
>      you can't have someone join a thread just by forwarding the
>      message to them.
>
>    - There is no way to save messages to a file.

I use Alpine and one can save an email as text with/without headers.
With the gmail UI one can print to pdf... but i don't think you mean
that. I'm switching to VM as soon as xubuntu gets emacs 24 on board.
Just joined the VM list in advance.

> That said, gmail is a great imap server for VM :-)
I use it as i was so disappointed with yahoo, aol and others. Gmail
does seem to be the best unless one is setting up a mail server.

james