viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Cached data with international characters

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Cached data with international characters
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:23:11 +0000

John Stoffel writes:

> This might explain some of the wierd issues I've been seeing with
> emails, but I generally tend to run VM inside emacs in a gnu screen
> session, so I'm very text based.  And what happens is that sometimes
> when I read a message, then move to the next message parts of the
> screen aren't re-drawn properly, which is usually fixed with an C-l to
> force a re-fresh.

Dear John, it will be useful if you can try this out with the good old
VM 7.19 (Kyle Jones's last release) and see if the problem was present
there.  If it wasn't present, then we need to track down to see which
version of VM introduced the problem.

I do think, however, that this problem is different from the cached data
issue that I was worrying about.

Cheers,
Uday