viewmail-info

[VM] 8.2.0b bug

From: John Stoffel
Subject: [VM] 8.2.0b bug
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:20:24 -0400

Hi Uday,

I think I just found a bug in version 8.2.0b which I'm using on my
work machine (Centos 6.2, x86_64, emacs 23.1.1).  When I mark a group
of messages by subject, then save them, it tells me how many were
written.

I then re-did the save (MNs) to another folder but it told me that 0
(zero) messages were saved.  This confused me, so I did it a couple of
more times, even unmarking all the messages, re-marking them and
re-saving.  Ended up with a bunch of copies in the destination folder.

My suspicion is that you count the number of messages marked 'filed',
not the actual number of messages written, when the status is shown.
Since these five messages were already marked as filed, it didn't
update properly.

But my elisp-fu is non-existant, so I can't really do much to debug
this.  Hopefully this report is enough.

Thanks,
John