viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Finding IMAP mailboxes that have new/unread mail

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [VM] Finding IMAP mailboxes that have new/unread mail
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:29:45 +0100

Uday S Reddy writes:

 > That seems to be a very useful piece of functionality.  I will put it on the
 > wish list.
 >
 > At the moment, what you can do is to use VM's virtual folder functionality
 > to combine all those mailboxes (or some selection, take your pick) into a
 > single virtual folder.  Here is what I do to combine three IMAP mail boxes
 > "2011-3", "2011-4" and "INBOX" into a single virtual folder.

That sounds like a very good solution for me, because it would allow
me to group my folders into more and less important ones.

 > Please let me know if it works for you.

Not yet, the virtual folder remains empty, even though I selected
"any" and incuded three well-filled mailboxes. But I guess I just got
the format for the alist wrong - I'll look at that tomorrow.

Is there a way to get the list of all IMAP folders in an account from
VM? Ideally, I'd like to build a virtual folder by selecting all
mailboxes from my account that match a given pattern.

Thanks,
  Konrad.