underware-devel

[Underware-devel] Pong and Ametista

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Underware-devel] Pong and Ametista
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:59:27 +0100

        Hi,

        I've added a class in MAF (see application2d.{h,cpp}) that
supports integration of 2D applications within the game using Ametista
(see http://www-ihm.lri.fr/~roussel/software/). Since we are using
OpenSceneGraph, I've cut/paste/adapt Ametista rather than depend on
the videoSpace library. The corresponding files are prefixed by wnc_
within MAF.

        I've run xclock within the pong. It shows and updates as
expected and I'll have to make sure pointer and keyboard events
circulate properly with another application.

        The benefit of Ametista within a video game is to re-use
popular existing 2D applications for features such as chat or a video
conferencing. Video games usually have poor implementations and I
hope Ametista can fix this flaw painlessly.

        http://www.mekensleep.com/underware/ was also updated with
pointers to the Ametista documentation.

        Cheers,

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97