underware-devel

Re: [Underware-devel] MAFApplication & MAFWindow

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Underware-devel] MAFApplication & MAFWindow
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:26:17 +0100

Vincent Caron writes:
 >    - resize handling and geometry bookkeeping in
 > PongPaddleModel/Controller does not look like a good idea. Actually the
 > mouse event should come with its context, ie. the MAFWindow*. Maybe
 > something to tweak with higher level MAF event types.

        I did it this way only because the original code calculated
the paddle size according to the window size. There is no real need
for such a constraint and if the paddle size is calculated otherwise,
we can get rid of the storage of the window geometry.

 >    - I'm not sure the window dimension should be kept in PongSceneModel,
 > what if I want to render it to different window ? That's why I
 > copy/pasted the Resize() code into the Render() one, using the
 > dimensions from the MAFWindow* parameter. Perf note: even a low-level
 > glViewPort call is 'gratis' if the dimension actually did not change
 > from the last rendering pass.

        Agreed here too.

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97