txr-users

Re: [Txr-users] installing

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Txr-users] installing
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 00:01:55 -0400

Christopher, Tristan:

I am using the gcc-without-xcode tools from Kenneth Reitz

https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer

I read some materials on Kenneth's web page and found this:

http://www.kennethreitz.com/xcode-gcc-and-homebrew.html

If you scroll down a little, it Looks like Apple has
consulted with the guy and released some lighter-weight
tools for Unixy development called "Command Line Tools for Xcode";
I will be sure to look into that also.

Anyway, I have confirmed the issue with txr-64 reported by
Christopher: the clashing symbols. I have also confirmed that it's
fixed by my latest commit that I mentioned earlier. Using the
latest code from the master branch, I was able to just ./configure,
make and make tests.

I have also confirmed the ccname=g++ configure problem
reported by Tristan, and will investigate this further to determine
the root cause.

However, it is a minor issue now since g++ should not be needed
as a workaround to build this program; it's more of a matter
that this is a "supported" way of building the program that should
work wherever possible.

Cheers ...