txr-users

[Txr-users] Native Windows port.

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: [Txr-users] Native Windows port.
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 19:50:13 -0700

Hi All,

Thanks to a "heads up" from Bruce Axtens, who was trying to compile Txr
for
Windows using MinGW, rather than Cygwin, I decided to officially
support
this.

It works in git already. One test case in the suite does not pass,
because
it expects a POSIX echo command from the OS, but gets the Windows one!

To run the test cases, you have to do a GIT checkout with line ending
conversion (newlines become proper Windows text files, CR-LF, and
the native Win32 txr reads and writes Windows-formatted files). The
expected output files will not match the actual output otherwise.

Configure like this:

  ./configure "lexlib=-L/usr/lib -lfl"

In release 040, I will make an .EXE file available for download,
so nobody will have to roll his own .EXE other than to be on the
bleeding edge.

Cheers ...

P.S. don't expect the UTF-8 output to do anything exciting on
the crappy Windows console.