traverso-devel

[Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:30:24 +0200

So, I have now tried out the latest CVS version. It's very nice! A lot
has happened to make traverso more usable and stable. Great work!

Here's some bug-reports/questions/thoughts/suggestions... =)

* It seems pan [P] doesn't work as it should when the pan value is <=
0.0, the pan gots stuck and doesn't go all the way.

* If you do a fade on a clip and then split another clip, it creates a
similar fade on the new clip by itself!

* Snap is quite strange and hard to use, I think it snaps too much.
There's another way to do snapping: instead of the object beeing "drawn"
to the snap destination, it can "stick" to it so that you need to drag N
pixels beyond the snap destination to get it "loose", and then the snap
threshold is subtracted from the mouse position so even then you can
position an object just some pixel next to the snap position if you want.

* What is the work cursor used for?

* Perhaps the < X > split command should use the work cursor instead of
the current mouse pointer?

* Copy and move and stuff like that should work on multiple clips if
more than one clip is selected

* It would be useful with a rectangle-selection box to select multiple
clips without having to point at every one and add them to the selection.

* What about << R >> to remove a clip? now I need to first select it and
then delete all selected clips.

* Plugs should always be visible at the left of the current visible part
of the track, so you don't need to scroll back to the beginning to see them.

* I guess dragging plugs to change their order, and creating curves for
their parameters will come later? =)

* Plug settings window should have the track name in the titlebar so you
know the difference if you have many open of the same plug type. perhaps
also some way of differentiating between same plugtypes on same track
(numbers?)

* I would love a way to export only part of a song, perhaps using
markers? (When markers can have labels, one could just choose between
which markers should be used when exporting)

* Export fileformat settings, often you want to work with higher
bitresolution (and perhaps freq too) but export to 16 bit 44.1KHz, or 24
bit 48KHz, etc.. Note that this would need good quality SR conversion
and dithering, etc..

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]