traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] song splitting during export

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] song splitting during export
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:45:39 -0700

Yeah, I implemented this in a previous multiplatform project
(http://daosim.sf.net/) so I was thinking of adding this functionality
to traverso when I get a chance...

As I recall, cdrdao can take a toc file to stdin, and can take the
audio through a fifo, so we wouldn't need disk space for an image.

I also think that we may want to have a separate type of Marker to
mark CD track marks.  Normal markers could continue to server their
generic purposes, and only these CDMarkers would have CDText info.
They could look different from normal markers (look like CDs?) and
they could show their auto-generated track number next to the icon in
the timeline view.

Ben

On 4/23/07, Jonatan Liljedahl <address@hidden> wrote:
Remon wrote:
>> Thanks to all.
>
> You're welcome :)
>
>> As far as splitting is concerned, I think that what Nicola describes shoud
>> answer my request. I will test that ASAP. I'm just wondering if there is a
>> way this can be done in higher-level burning softwares than cdrdao (the
>> kind of k3b, gnomebaker...)
>
> OK. Nicolas patch for toc export is missing some variables, so writing with
> cdrdao doesn't work (yet)
>
> I'm all in for exporting to something that can be used with higher level cd
> burning applications, though, if starting an external process that calls
> cdrdao write file.toc in traverso does basically the same....

There's a couple of frontends for cdrdao. For example my simple RoxDAO
(which suffers some bitrot but it works) it's available at
http://kymatica.com/index.php/Main/Software

> From a usability pov, it would be great I think to just click: export and burn
> to cd, and watch a progress indicator ...?

Sure, it wouldn't be hard to make a cdrdao frontend inside traverso.
You'd need a page in the settings for cdrdao options then (device,
speed, driver, etc..) and then just run cdrdao in a subprocess and
display a small logwindow and a progressbar.

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]