tlf-devel

Re: pywinkeyerdaemon

From: Drew Arnett
Subject: Re: pywinkeyerdaemon
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 16:30:39 +0000

Two issues:
1.  I expanded prosigns after inserting the +++ --- speed control
statements.  Whoops.  Fixed that.
2.  I had an echo test after host open.  Not sure why I did that,
other than I must have been in a hurry.  Haven't changed that yet, but
commenting it out in the code helped Joop during some early
troubleshooting, so I may make that change after reviewing the
winkeyer documentation.  This is likely keyer implementation specific.
(I've been testing with an hamcrafters winkeyer USB, but should dig
out my old Arduino K3NG implementation.)

I suspect between the two, Joop's problem should be fixed.  Will
continue to follow up per his test report.  I especially need to do
something about #2 above.

Besides +++ --- and a complete cwdaemon compatible prosign
implementation, I added tune capability as well to pywinkeyerdaemon,
so ALT-T works from tlf now.  Looks like tlf does a 6 second timeout
for tune, cwdaemon supports 0 to 10 seconds, and winkeyer 0 to 99.  I
guess how long is too long varies wildly depending on the situation!
:-O  :-)  ALT-T would have been great to have yesterday when I was
dealing with a fussy autotuner.

Best regards

Drew
n7da