tlf-devel

Re: scoring the HSC contest with tlf

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: scoring the HSC contest with tlf
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 23:35:57 +0100

Hi Joop,

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 09:23:25AM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> Op 03-11-19 om 19:56 schreef Ervin Hegedüs:
> >Hi Joop,
> >
> >On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 05:41:26PM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> >>I have been using tlf 2 times today: during the ukrainian DX contest and the
> >>HSC CW contest. I have managed to write a rules file for the ukrainian, but
> >>not for the HSC.
> >>
> >>Does anyone know how to do this? Multiplier is easy enough with COUNTRY_MULT
> >>but how do you score points? It is 5 points for member, who send their
> >>member number and 1 point for non-members, who send 'NM'.
> >I'm afraid actually you can't do that.
> >
> >There are so much possibilities to control the scoring, but not
> >for this.
>
> So, what would it take to have this added to tlf?
>
> We already have ONEPOINT, TWOPOINTS and THREEPOINTS, can we also have
> FIVEPOINTS?

this is a good question :).

I think there is some historical reason (as many other things in
Tlf :)), but of course, we can change it. The first part of your
ideas are simple (POINTS=n).

> Even better, how about adding points depending on the exchange,
> something like POINTS="NM",1. Using POINTS= would make configuration of
> scoring easier. We could use POINTS=1, POINTS=2, POINTS=3, POINTS=5 instead
> of ONEPOINT, TWOPOINTS and THREEPOINTS or even FIVEPOINTS. Of course
> multiple POINTS= lines would have to be possible. For example:
>
> POINTS=5
>
> POINTS="NM",1

I think that something like this could be a solution, but what
about the other patterns? What if you can describe the pattern
only with some regex?

> >>Also, is there a way for tlf to automatically fill in the member number in
> >>the exchange field, like yfktest does?
> >yes, I think that could work - see INITIAL_EXCHANGE directive
> >(where you're one example :))
> >

> Thanks, I will have a look. I am still using yfktest in the CWOPS mini CWT
> contest, but would like to migrate to tlf completely because development of
> yfktest has stopped.

ahm, sorry to hear that. :(

73, Ervin