tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Trying to add the ARI-DX contest to TLF

From: Koos van den Hout PE4KH
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Trying to add the ARI-DX contest to TLF
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 11:12:14 +0200

Next weekend is the ARI DX contest
http://www.ari.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5167%3Aari-international-dx-contest-2018&catid=250%3Aari-international&Itemid=270&lang=en

I'm trying to add it to tlf (always with the last minute work) and although
I think I'm getting quite far it's not working perfect. When I test I can't
get exchanges accepted.

I created a rules file (rules/ari_dx) and a multipliers file
(share/arimults). Quoted below.

When I enter an italian call and one of the province abbreviations, the
cursor returns to the exchange field. Entering it a second time makes it
end up in the log, but not counted as a multiplier.

When I enter a dx call and a number, the cursor also returns to the
exchange field, entering the number a second time will make the qso
accepted but not log the number.

So somehow the exchange isn't seen correctly.

And the counting of multipliers is not correct yet: I enter an italian call
with a province from the listing and it's not showing as a multiplier. New
countries (other than italy) are counted correctly.

This is the first time I try to use tlf seriously so maybe adding a new
contest is a big leap, but I hope to get this working.

Points scoring is correct, so that is working.

my rules/ari_dx file:
# ARI contest for stations outside Italy #
# based on PACC rules by PA0R            #
#        PE4KH, 2018-05-04               #
#
CONTEST=ari_dx
LOGFILE=aridx.log
CONTEST_MODE
CABRILLO=UNIVERSAL
#################################
# multiplier rules
# 7. each Italian province (110) count 1 (one) multiplier, each DXCC country
# (except I & IS0 & IT9) count 1 (one) multiplier.
# The same multiplier (country/province) can be counted once and only once
# for each band.
# PLEASE REMEMBER that I (Italy) IT9 (Sicily Island) and IS0 (Sardinia Island)
# are NOT country-multipliers
#COUNTRY_MULT
# all forms of italy
MULT_LIST=arimults
COUNTRYLIST=It:I,IS0,IT9
EXCLUDE_MULTILIST=COUNTRYLIST
# all italian provinces
#SECTION_MULT
DX_&_SECTIONS
# scoring:
# 8. QSO/Points:
# QSO/HRD with own country counts 0 (zero) point but is good for the
# multipliers credit.
MY_COUNTRY_POINTS=0
# QSO/HRD with own continent counts 1 (one) point,
MY_CONTINENT_POINTS=1
# QSO/HRD with different continent counts 3 (three) points,
DX_POINTS=3
# QSO/HRD with any Italian (I & IS0 & IT9) station counts 10 (ten) points.
COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
RECALL_MULTS
SERIAL_OR_SECTION
LOGFREQUENCY