tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF install and newer computer

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF install and newer computer
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 07:08:04 +0200

Hi Bruce,

Am Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:19:00 -0400 (EDT)
schrieb Jim Bruce <address@hidden>:

> Is there a reason for not installing from Github vs the repository. I
> take it that there is a special repo for tlf than what is in Ubuntu
> (ver 1.1.5)? What is the repo url or path to put in Ubuntu software
> sources?

Normally the github sources are newer than the versions that are in
official distro repos. So there are new features, fixed bugs
and so on. But there may be situations where the head of the github
repo is a work in progress and not very stable.

If you are not interested to fight with such problems I would suggest
to use the last released version from github (at the moment tlf-1.2.1).
So after your

> git clone https://github.com/Tlf/tlf.git tlf

do a

git checkout tlf-1.2.1

If you are interested in newer, experimental features have a close
look and check also the mailing list here.

Btw, each released version is announced here (see the archives) and can
be downloaded as a packaged source tar ball from the given url.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.