tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:14:34 +0100

Hello Fabian,

> QRQ QTC addict.

you are my man! :)

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 09:54:03PM +0100, Fabian Kurz wrote:
> Hi Ervin,
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 09:37:46PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> > * I don't know, how important is the QTC send speed, or other
> >   argument. I mean, does it necessary to configure in logcfg.dat,
> >   or on-the-fly the speed of QTC's when station sends? Is there
> >   any other parameter, what you would like to modify? If yes,
> >   please describe, what's that, and how do you use that?
>
> CW speed should be adjustable on the fly - IMHO a "must have" feature.

ok, I think the first release can't do that. But then may be the
shortkeys will conflicts - as I remember the PgUp/PgDwn are used
in QTC window... But I'll review soon.

(I think that would be good, if the user could be change the
speed always, not just in callsign fields... any idea?)

> > * Would you like to see in worked window, if a station
> >   sent/received a QTC block previously? If yes, how do you like
> >   to see?
> >   I mean, here is an example line from worked window:
> >   [ 40CW  0097 PJ4A         09         Z]
> >   and if that station sent a QTC block, that would be:
> >   [ 40CW  0097 PJ4A         09        QZ]
> >
> >   How would you like it?
>
> Instead of just showing a "Q" for QTC, it'd be even more convenient to
> show the number of QTCs sent/received. It often happens that only a
> part of the 10 possible QTCs are exchanged at first, and if that
> happens, the "Q" might suggest that one doesn't need to ask again.

just ask: why important is this? And how would useful this? (I
made only one WAEDC - in last year - and I don't have any
experience. But since I like QTC too, that's a very great idea!)

> The same information would be very useful in the bandmap. On slow
> Sundays in WAE (and they are always slow),

hehe, you made my day :)

> the most productive thing
> to do usually is to interleave lots of QSOs from the bandmap into your
> CQing, preferably of stations that could still give you QTCs...

right,

many thanks for ideas,

73,

Ervin