tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support

From: Fabian Kurz
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:54:03 +0100

Hi Ervin,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 09:37:46PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> * I don't know, how important is the QTC send speed, or other
>   argument. I mean, does it necessary to configure in logcfg.dat,
>   or on-the-fly the speed of QTC's when station sends? Is there
>   any other parameter, what you would like to modify? If yes,
>   please describe, what's that, and how do you use that?

CW speed should be adjustable on the fly - IMHO a "must have" feature.

> * Would you like to see in worked window, if a station
>   sent/received a QTC block previously? If yes, how do you like
>   to see?
>   I mean, here is an example line from worked window:
>   [ 40CW  0097 PJ4A         09         Z]
>   and if that station sent a QTC block, that would be:
>   [ 40CW  0097 PJ4A         09        QZ]
>
>   How would you like it?

Instead of just showing a "Q" for QTC, it'd be even more convenient to
show the number of QTCs sent/received. It often happens that only a
part of the 10 possible QTCs are exchanged at first, and if that
happens, the "Q" might suggest that one doesn't need to ask again.

The same information would be very useful in the bandmap. On slow
Sundays in WAE (and they are always slow), the most productive thing
to do usually is to interleave lots of QSOs from the bandmap into your
CQing, preferably of stations that could still give you QTCs...

73
Fabian, DJ1YFK
QRQ QTC addict.

--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK      Munich, Germany
address@hidden         +49 176 24079617