tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Installing tlf as non-root user

From: Jim Bruce
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Installing tlf as non-root user
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 21:07:46 -0500 (EST)

OK, cwdaemon is working now, I don't know why or how. At first I would start it
by "sudo cwdaemon -d ttyS0 -x n" and it would come up, initialize and key the
MFJ 1279T for a second in cw mode and not crash until after tlf was started.
After several of those I ran winkey-server (v.4) sh and it brought up the
config window and I set /dev/ttyS0 and tried tlf. Still not keying. Rebooted
again and tried starting cwdaemon as above to get a PID to identify it to do
the trace below. No cwdaemon processes after trying to start it. Reboot again
and used Ervin's suggestion below in foreground and tlf is keying as it should
on cw. I will add VK messages to logconfig.dat and try to see if ssb keys.
Does sox need to be started or what is needed for Voice Messages? I already
have some .wav files in a directory.
Is it my cmd line above that is incorrect for starting it?

cwdaemon- 0.94
Xubuntu 12.04

Jim W3FA