tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling of SECTION_MULT?

From: David Quental
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling of SECTION_MULT?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 06:52:57 +0000

Hello all,

during weekend I was in HADX contest using pgr YFKtest, it scored quite fine despite I did few qso's.

Hi to all,

I just tried to use a MULT_LIST file and SECTION_MULT for a contest (HADX).
The contest allows me to work all stations with different points but
only HA regions (which are listed in my MULT_LIST) counts as multies.
HA stations gives the region as exchange, all other serial number.

Unfortunately I could not use that scheme with TLF. SECTION_MULT 'requires'
that the exchange contains one of the valid multies from the list. Without one
I am not able to log the qso. So no non-HA station could be logged.

I would like to change that behaviour for the new tlf-1.0 but wants some
feedback from your side beforehand:

I see three possible answers.

a) Let TLF also log any other station without a section in exchange but
   give no multi. A warning for the missing section should still be there.
b) Like a) but add a configuration switch (e.g. SECTION_REQUIRED) which
   allows to fall back to old scheme.
c) Keep it like it is and look for another way to work that contest.
I would suggest something a bit different, but first sorry for my ignorance about C and Perl languages. I would suggest answer c) but using another view, if possible of course. As far as I see TLF is handling quite fine with logging, with rigcat and now with winkey (since we have winkey server from OK2CQR), the main problem resides in contest rules unlike YFKtest. Could be possible to create a contest module that reads information from Perl files used by YFKtest?? Again, I am not wise about C or Perl languages so sorry for anything wrong from me.

I would prefer a) but am not sure if we have contests, where we need
the old behaviour.

Feedback welcome,

        Tom DL1JBE.
I am doing my best,