tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Handling of SECTION_MULT?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Handling of SECTION_MULT?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:06:55 +0100

Hi to all,

I just tried to use a MULT_LIST file and SECTION_MULT for a contest (HADX).
The contest allows me to work all stations with different points but
only HA regions (which are listed in my MULT_LIST) counts as multies.
HA stations gives the region as exchange, all other serial number.

Unfortunately I could not use that scheme with TLF. SECTION_MULT 'requires'
that the exchange contains one of the valid multies from the list. Without one
I am not able to log the qso. So no non-HA station could be logged.

I would like to change that behaviour for the new tlf-1.0 but wants some
feedback from your side beforehand:

I see three possible answers.

a) Let TLF also log any other station without a section in exchange but
   give no multi. A warning for the missing section should still be there.
b) Like a) but add a configuration switch (e.g. SECTION_REQUIRED) which
   allows to fall back to old scheme.
c) Keep it like it is and look for another way to work that contest.

I would prefer a) but am not sure if we have contests, where we need
the old behaviour.

Feedback welcome,

        Tom DL1JBE.

--