tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] winkey daemon

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: [Tlf-devel] winkey daemon
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:52:54 +0100

I have a working daemon which will operate the winkey keyer. It listens to a
udp port and
converts the cwdaemon commands to the format winkey needs, and sends it to the
serial port
the winkey unit is connected to.  After starting it goes into the background...

I have tested it with tlf as well as xtlf, and it is a good solution if you
have problems with the
keying of the cwdaemon...

Version 1.0 implements the main functions:
* cw generation
* PTT lead in
* speed control
* weight control
* tune
* abort message
* a 'keyer_busy' mutex in ~/.winkey

SYNOPSIS
winkeydaemon.pl [options...]

-n run in foreground for debugging
-p udp port
-d serial device
-s starting speed in wpm

One advantage is that you have a full-blown hardware keyer which is fully
integrated with
your contest logger... good for rigs that lack an internal keyer.

Next version will send the functions which are not supported (antenna switching,
rig A/B switching etc.) through to the cwdaemon socket for handling...

I have uploaded to
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/tlf/winkeydaemon-1.0.tar.gz

You will probably also need to get Device::SerialPort from CPAN.

73,

Rein PA0R

Documentation is inside the script...

--