tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF and ARRL Field Day

From: Scott Emery
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF and ARRL Field Day
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:00:35 -0500

        It had a couple of benefits for us.  Since we had two SSB tents
this year it helped us to coordinate the activities of the two tents.
Since the exchange is the same no matter when you contact another
site, it also provided a database to confirm multiple contacts ("who was
this guy when we logged him last").   I was able to use this feature
to correct a typo in a previous logged entry (the call and the class
had been smooshed together).

        I feel "keyboarding" is overrated unless you can spread it over
the whole site. (You've got your digital in my voice,  You've got your
voice in my digital...)   Keyboarding is probably better handled in a
separate app like IRC anyway, let the logger log.