tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Rig and key control

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Rig and key control
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:35:27 +0100

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:35:14 +0000
address@hidden wrote:

[...]

> If I understand the notes in cwdaemon correctly it will default to use
> /dev/lp0.  I believe the cwdaemon is working because the sidetone & voice
> keyer work just fine.  If I want to change the port for cwdaemon from lp0 to
> something else, where can I do this?  If cwdaemon defaults to lp0, the I
> should be able to see activity on the relevant pin using a oscilloscope or
> voltmeter when TLF is sending - yes?

Hi Rob,

yes, when sending dot's a blockwave should appear.
Changing the port should be easy, they are called parport0, parport1, etc on
linux
(See 'man cwdaemon' or 'cwdaemon -h'). As the notes say: remove the lp kernel
module
(which is used for printing) and make sure the ppdev module is loaded.

> In summary, hamlib and rig control use ttyS0 (set in the logcfg.dat file) and
> cwdaemon will use lp0 as default - do I have this correct?  I realize these
> can be configured to use other ports and I have read about those set-ups on
> this list; but I am just trying to make sure I understand this set-up
> properly.

The default is always parport0.
I would be interested to know if the PTT is still working, since I have
been doing lots of code changes from 0.9.2 to 0.9.4.

> 73
>
> Rob, N6ROB

Regards,
Joop PG4I