tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss update

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss update
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:53:38 +0100

Hi Rob,

I have just tested the arrl_ss setup and I herewith attach the
logcfg.dat and arrlss files which will work for you.

I did the following:
* make a directory arrl_ss_06
* copy the logcfg.dat into it
* in the arrl_ss_06 directory make a ./rules directory
* in that rules directory copy the attached arrlss file.

Return to the arrl_ss_06 directory and start tlf (with -v, to make sure)

Working the ss is  a bit different in tlf, you have to get used to it.
In the exchange field use the SPACE key to separate the entries.
Use the ENTER key as soon as the exchange is COMPLETE.

You can enter the different fields in any sequence, separated by SPACES.
You have to do some practising with it. but once you grab the idea you
will like it (you MUST like it, as I spent a lot of time programming
this :)

There is a bug in the exchange field handler which causes tlf to
segfault if you don't follow this. As I am extremely busy at the moment
(preparing for the 5A7A dxpedition) I cannot repair it in time for the
test. But if you are careful you will be able to run the contest with no
problem.

I will revisit this during the winter holidays... pse report any other
anomalies so I can repair them.

73,

Rein PA0R