tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss update

From: Rob Vance
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss update
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:11:19 -0800

First, thanks to for the feedback on my questions from NY6P and N0OYT.

I made CONTEST=arrlss and RULES=arrlss thinking they had to be the same.  The
program worked without crashes but didn't score correctly.  Also, it didn't
present the window with the sections in it.

At that point I began playing with the rules in an attempt to get it to score
a callsign once per contest, not once per band.  No luck.

This evening I returned to the original format of CONTEST=arrl_ss (in the
rules) and RULES=arrlss (in the logcfg.dat file, which is consistent with the
name of my rules file).

I am back to square one.  The program loads; I enter a call sign, hit return,
the program opens the window with the sections, it moves to the SECTION
field, I type in a section (for example SCV, which is my section), the
program responds with "section?" and then seg faults.

(by the way: I've set-up a separate directory for each contest as you
described and I make new copies of the rules files in the directory structure
as you recommended. The program indicates these files have loaded
successfully when running tlf -v.)

Is this a known fault/bug?  Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Rob, N6ROB