tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF trainer idea

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF trainer idea
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:40:26 -0500

* Rein Couperus PA0R <address@hidden> [2006 Jun 30 02:53 -0500]:

> One program I use for this purpose is 'Morse runner'. I use it under
> ubuntu/vmwareplayer/XP. It would be a LOT of work to port it into Xtlf,
> and I cannot do it myself as I am no soundcard programmer.

Thanks for turning me onto this one.  I hadn't heard of it before.  I
loaded on another Win2k machine I had access to and it works very well.

So, I've been trying to get it working under WINE and I've solved a
sound issue (load kernel snd-seq module) and a DLL that is needed for
the log window.  After that it just stops.  The buttons work, but the
clock never starts and pressing any of the F keys results in no sound.
Obviously, some WINE debugging is needed.  ;)

I can use it, at least, and it is pretty much what I had in mind.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"