tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF trainer idea

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF trainer idea
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 06:21:01 -0500

* Rein Couperus PA0R <address@hidden> [2006 Jun 30 02:53 -0500]:
> Nate, do you mean something like the TLF simulator mode with some
> additions like text output? The TLF simulator takes its calls from the
> callmaster file and simulates the cqww-cw, (single calls only, as it
> uses cwdaemon for output).

I forgot about that.  That shows how much I've stayed away from ham
radio in recent years.  :-(  But, yes, The simulator mode would
probably be a very nice addition.

> I have thought about moving the simulator mode into xtlf, but I am not
> sure if it is needed...

If XTLF is the replacement for the terminal based TLF, then it would be
*very nice* to have it included.  Even if it is just feeding one call
at a time, it is useful for people like me who have been used to other
programs and need some training.

> One program I use for this purpose is 'Morse runner'. I use it under
> ubuntu/vmwareplayer/XP. It would be a LOT of work to port it into Xtlf,
> and I cannot do it myself as I am no soundcard programmer.

I just had a look at that and it looks very nice.  Perhaps the author
could be invited to look at a Linux port?

Thanks for the good work and info, Rein.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"