tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Xtlf-1.0.2beta is out, now incl. the iaru hf test

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Xtlf-1.0.2beta is out, now incl. the iaru hf test
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:22:42 +0200

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:12:43 +0200
Rein Couperus PA0R <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have repackaged Xtlf into 1 package, I think that is easier for the
> maintainers of various distro's.

Thanks Rein!
Changes needed for the Debian package:

on startup I see errors:
(xtlf.pl:15493): libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image: Openen van bestand
'/usr/share/xtlf/./pixmaps/xtlf.png' mislukt: Onbekend bestand of map

This pixmap location seems awkward to me. /usr/share/pixmaps is the preferred
directory for pixmaps...

Some comments on the GUI:
- the main log doesn't seem to fit the main window when started, to see
frequency information I have to make the window wider. When I do this, the
logwindow and buttons scale correctly, but the command line, 2 top windows and
statusbar don't. You can fix this by removing the size limits of some of the
widgets and enabling expand and fill. callentry, scrolledwindow2 and statusbar
widgets seem like good candidates to do this...
- cw speed numbers don't fit in the tiny box.
- the text next to the checkbox in the "Log files" window don't fit.
- the text on the test button of the TRX control window don't fit.

> Hope you like it,

Thanks for the effort!

> 73,
>
> Rein PA0R