tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Linux distro

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Linux distro
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:47:03 +0100

On Thursday 18 November 2004 00:23, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Rein Couperus <address@hidden> [2004 Oct 22 07:49 -0500]:
> > > Is there any development going on at the moment?
> >
> > I am waiting for the next Morphix release which should be out within a
> > month or so. Then I will issue a next release of the live CD. Plans are
> > to include stuff like gmfsk and HF (pactor) and I am testing those at the
> > moment. Also the next CD optinally will be able to put logs, config etc
> > on the C drive... additionally to the USB stick.
>
> I'm curious, Rein, if you have binaries of the latest TLF and cwdaemon
> available for the tlf-morphix-0.20 ISO?  Or, does the CD image once
> booted contain gcc and friends for compilation?

Hi Nate,

I made the system so flexible that the latest tlf and cwdaemon binaries can
actually be put on the USB stick! Just compile the latest versions and
replace the binaries on the USB stick and they will be loaded from the stick
(I think/hope). I may issue a new stick image before the weekend... given
time... with tlf-0.9.20 and cwdaemon-0.8 which you can use with the present
live CD.

I noticed that the live CD will not load from my 128 MB stick (uses sdb4).
This will be added on the next CD release, as well as /dev/hda1.

> > With regard to tlf, I am momentarily recovering from illness, which has
> > delayed the issue of a new release... but I am eager to pick it up
> > again... lots of plans available :)
>
> Get Well soon.  :-)

After 2 weeks of cyber vacation in France (having fun with pactor1, Airmail,
gprs and internet cafe's, now preparing for the BIG BANG, operating the
CQWW-CW at CT9L  Leaving on monday for the preparations. After the contest
(we have to use N1MM softare :(  )  I will be in the right mood to work on
tlf again :)

73, Rein PA0R

P.S.: look out for CT3/PA0R next week before the contest!!

--
address@hidden or address@hidden
http://www.couperus.com